Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My First Tuesday


I wanted to start my new tradition with telling the most important influince in my life first, that I appreciate them. My parents have served in ministry and misssions for over 30 years. They have shown such an example of perseverance in faith. Mom and dad love their grandkids, but are faithful to continue serving where they are, even though it means sacrificing the chance to see their 3 granddaughters grow up.

Their ministries have never been mega and never had the 1,000 come to the Lord in one huge swell...but it has been the day to day, minute by minute witness that has always blessed me as their daughter. My mom and dad take every chance..the hitchhiker on the side of the road, the fumbling waitress who needs an ear, the grumpy gas station attendant..knocking on a strangers door and saying "You don't have to come to my church, but I willingly serve and minister to you either way." They continue to share, and continue to call in excitement when just one recieves Christ.

I want them to know that I love them and I love that after so many years, the salvation of a lost person is still the most exciting thing in the world to them. www.donandhelenhughes.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment